Friday, February 25, 2005

Spring Already?

It's amazing how warm it's been lately. I think I've already got allergies since the trees have been budding so early. I decided to go snowboarding today since I won't get much of a chance this season and it was another sunny day. I was set on going to Cypress Mountain. When I arrived there, the snow was just terrible. I knew it was going to be bad, but I didn't think it was going to be that bad. I couldn't shell out $28 for one run. I was cheesed, so I thought about Grouse Mountain. I wondered if it would be better. I've never rode there and I thought to myself a new mountain to ride on would be a fresh experience. When I got there, the staff told me that they had 8 runs open and I'm like how? They have snow making machines. I was like sweet! The gondola ride up was a bonus and at the end of the day I got some great runs in. It's a pretty good mountain and when it snows again, I will definitely return. After my experience at Grouse, Mount Seymour is offically the worst mountain to ride on. I don't think I want to ride on that one anymore. I took some pictures of my day and night at Grouse Mountain and posted them below.

Another interesting thing happened to me today. Before I headed up to Grouse, I stopped at Future Shop to check out some new stuff. I came across a first-person shooter PC game that I had wanted for a long time, but didn't want to shell out the dough for. But because it's been out for a while, the game "Far Cry" was selling for $24.99. I was like awesome. I picked it up and when I went to pay for it, the cashier at the counter asked me how old I was. I was caught off guard and said I am 24. She said that the game is rated M for Mature which means they don't sell these games to those under 17 years of age. I said, "Yeah, some people think I look 18." She said, "You look younger?" Then, I said, "Younger? 16?" She said, "Younger." And I'm thinking what?? Do I look 14 years old to you? Man, I must have some eternal youth in me or something. She didn't ask me for my ID, but was very skeptical of me. It was just plain weird! I just took it as a compliment sort of.

Peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

Ok. That's just silly. You don't look a day younger than 17, oh Arnold of eternal youth :)

2:08 PM, February 25, 2005  
Blogger PakG1 said...

Hehe, the last time I went to Cypress, they had this deal for $7.99 rentals so that you wouldn't have to wreck your own equipment. Man, there were actually sparks coming out from our skis as we went over the snow, it was that bad!

11:56 PM, February 26, 2005  
Blogger neseirf ekim said...

Nice pics... this may seem random but if your ever planning on breaking some bones or smacking you head on a rock at Grouse do it on a Sunday. My brother is one of the weekend patrollers.

2:18 AM, February 27, 2005  
Blogger Aaron said...

I went to Cypress on Saturday for a hike and was amazed at how little snow they had there. I thought it funny how it was still open and people were skiing all bundled up in winter gear when I was walking around with no shirt on. The previous weekend when I hiked Seymour there was way more snow. It makes me kind of glad that I don't go skiing that much.

6:43 PM, February 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey at least you didn't get mistaken for a 50 year old. "ew, he's like 50!" It must be your skin so soft as a baby's bottom.
what's your secret???
John

5:36 AM, March 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home