Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thinking

Do you ever set aside time to think about your life and the world around you? I use to set aside a lot of time for that and it was then that I learned a lot about myself. I learn about God, about what's important in life, what I'm looking for, should I buy this or that, why are people so anxious about things, is it possible for me to become an astronaut, will I even get married one day, and stuff like that. I use to go to Crescent Beach in White Rock and just sit in the sand staring at the ocean thinking. Hiking and canoeing are some of my favourite activities for thinking. I find myself wanting to do that more, but I've been so busy that I haven't had time for it. Right now, I get to think when I walk my friend, Stef's dog, Axl, midday so he can sniff everything and take a crap in the woods. I think about how I am quite a passive guy and most of it has come from thoughts of what is up with people when they argue and complain about insignificant things and why do I complain about things. I think most of my arguments or complaints are lame because it really isn't a big deal. I get frustrated when people complain about stuff that doesn't really matter in the long run. Maybe that's why I'm easy to get along with or maybe not for some.

When I was camping with my friends this summer, it was so relaxing. I enjoyed sitting in the chair and watching the fire. It was nice to think amongst the trees and talk to the fat squirrels. My friend was reading a Christian book and the author quoted that a passive man in God's eyes is a disgrace to Him. I kept telling my friends, I'm a disgrace to God and they kept saying no you're not. I just enjoyed the laugh. If I'm spaced out and you're trying to connect with me, I'm usually thinking about something in my little world.

Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

You are very easy going and that's why I find it easy to hang out with you! :) Good stuff Arnie!

5:02 PM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger Sarah said...

Did you know I read your blog-I do. It's good. And that book with that comment . .didn't really have a whole lot of commendable things to say anyways. . in the bin it goes! Camping was fun.

9:36 PM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger t said...

completely unrelated to this topic, i wanted to say congratulations! if my memory serves me correctly (and sometimes it does) last night was you last pc shift at the kink's! phew. we made it out before the new uniforms arrived! ha ha. hope you enjoy the first week of school, i look forward to hearing about it.

7:45 AM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Arnold,
jUst saw the documentary of your bro. Man, they were totally making fun of gideon. When you have to put subtitles...I don't know man. But he held his ground, that's for sure. Great stuff, Byron looks good on tape. Should become a korean action star or something! =) John

9:19 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home