Monday, May 19, 2008

Conan

Not many of you know that I'm a big fan of Conan O'Brien. He will be taking over The Tonight Show in 2009 and I'm looking forward to what he will do with it. I like Conan because he's real, brilliant, creative, experimental, and of course hilarious. I was watching a one hour interview of him on the Charlie Rose show and it was interesting to see his humility and how he got into show business. One quote that stood out to me was him talking about the youth of today.

“What astounds me is how many young people come up to me and say, ‘Conan, someday I’m gonna be on your show.’ And I say, ‘What is it you do? They don’t know. That’s the craziest thing, most people, it’s the Paris Hilton phenomenon, they just want to be famous, and they’ve actually seen it work. They’ve seen someone get incredibly famous for being just being famous, so that’s a little unsettling sometimes.” - Conan O'Brien

How very true that I notice how many people of our generation just want to be famous. People want to be out there and get noticed.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home