Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kali-Fornia


On Friday, I visited the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. There is a daily tour that runs at 1 pm, but on this day, I was the only one. I had a private tour. Haha. The church is quite beautiful and replaces the old one that was damaged during the 1994 earthquake in the region. Theoretically, this is the safest structure to be in in the event another earthquake happens. The church is 12 stories high and can accomodate up to 3000+ worshippers. The building and landscape reflects modern day LA with waterfalls, palm trees, and a sandstone coloured environment.



After the cathedral, I went to Little Tokyo to see the Japanese American National Museum. This was a great experience as I learned about the history of Japanese Americans who contributed to US society and the difficulties they had to face during and after World War II when they were deemed aliens.



My aunt and cousin took me up to the Griffith Observatory. I was surprised to see some stars up there because LA has so much urban light pollution. I was able to take this shot on a ledge without blurring the image. The city looks gorgeous from up there. It's a great date place.



I went to Universal Studios today. It was good fun! Some of the highlights include the T2:3D show, Jurassic Park ride, Special Effects show, Universal Studios tour, Shrek 4D show, and Water World show. Notice I'm wearing my giant souvenir globe hat.



Water World was my favourite show of the day. The actors were throwing buckets of water on us, the Sea-Doos were spraying the audience, a great pyro show occurred, and a sea plane jumped out over the set into the water. It was rad.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

sounds like the WaterWorld ride is definitely better than the movie.

7:56 AM, April 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home