Thursday, May 29, 2008

RIP Luc Bourdon 1987-2008

Canucks Nation is deeply saddened by the passing of Vancouver Canucks defenseman, Luc Bourdon. He was killed in a motorcycle accident early this afternoon near his hometown in New Brunswick. He was 21.

Luc had so much going for him and was poised to become one of the top defenseman in the NHL. It's tragic that a young man with a full life ahead of him was cut short. It reminds me how precious the gift of life is. It's fragile. One day you're here, then next day you could be gone.

Even though I don't know and have never met Luc, his death has affected me a bit. I think because as a community being so involved with the Canucks, it felt like losing someone in the family. I felt like I knew him because I seen him play, read about him, and watched his interviews. The slogan, "We Are All Canucks," definitely hits home.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Luc and his family.

Click here for the Full Story.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home