Sunday, September 07, 2008

Transitions

Been a while since I blogged last. I spend too much time on Facebook, but also I've finally moved out on my own. Twenty eight years has been a long time with the 'rents and I told my mom a year ago I would be out by this month. Originally, I was supposed to move out with my buddy and his cousin. However, finding a three bedroom in Vancouver was daunting especially since the guys weren't even here and I can't say many landlords would jump at the opportunity to house three guys.

So for a couple of weeks I was searching for a bachelor suite and found a great suite in Metrotown. I love the area. It has everything I need within walking distance. People ask me if I feel lonely, but it has been anything but. I think I've spent more time with my friends outside work than when I was living with my parents. I feel this huge weight lifted off me and living with my parents was just unhealthy mentally and spiritually. I believe my relationship with them will improve as a result of the move.

I think one noticeable difference living on my own is getting used to new noises. There some interesting noises that come and go, and the water pump noise right by my bed will take some time getting used to. I already received two complaints from the resident manager that my TV was too loud at night. I was like what?? There must be a lot of seniors living here. So I now use my headphones at night which is fine with me because I can hear everything clearly anyway.

Last night at 10 pm in the spur of the moment, I asked my buddy, Juice, on Messenger if he wanted to do some photo shoots of the city. He was totally down and after picking him up, we went to the Lonsdale Quay, and then headed over to Kits Beach. Being at the beach at 2 am was awesome. I've never been out there that late. As we exposed our cameras we just chatted while we waited and took in the beautiful lights of the city. I felt this total peace and calmness. I love breathing in the fresh air of the night. I also learned some new things about my camera that I had no idea existed on it. Juice knows a lot about photography.

Vancouver from the North Shore.

Tugboat at Lonsdale Quay.

English Bay.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home