Friday, May 27, 2005

Barber Shop

I went and got my haircut today. It was getting out of control. But now it feels cool, refreshing, and aerodynamic. I can run faster now. I don't think I've ever really changed my style. It has evolved from the late '80s bowl haircut, to the mid '90s mushroom undercut, and now in the millenium it's just blended towards the top and kept short for my spikes. I know some people have hair dressers whom they have gone to for years. I tried that, but I'm too lazy to make appointments so I just go wherever is convenient. If I'm in a mall thinking I need a haircut, I'll just look at the directory and find one.

I think the one thing I don't like about getting a haircut is the chit chat. It's just meaningless talk about the weather and stuff. I'd rather not chat at all and just get my haircut, but some hair dressers insist on pouring out their life story. I find some new customers talk a lot too. Sometimes I analyze their conversations and think to myself, are they just talking to fill up the akward silences or do they really want to chat? My method is to keep it silent and go into my dream like state thinking about life until the hair dresser asks me if I want gel in my hair.

I usually take a shower after I get my haircut because no matter how you blow dry your hair or wipe it with a towel, the hair bits never completely go away. It's like getting sand out of your clothes after a day at the beach. Sand is just everywhere.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

Hello. I know what you mean about not enjoying the chit chat. I too would rather not talk but just enjoy the service. It's almost like you can't fully relax if you're expending energy making conversation. Like talking while getting a massage. But it's just one of those social rules. I often think hairdressers must feel pressured to make small talk, assuming that everyone wants to participate. And as always, I oblige.

11:13 PM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger PakG1 said...

Dude, don't any of them shampoo your hair? Or is that just a Korean shop thing? Hehe, you should try out some of the cheap Korean ones, they can be pretty good.

1:14 AM, May 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home