Monday, May 02, 2005

Slackers

I've been getting quite frustrated at work lately. Aside from the work being stressful, the work ethic of some people just sucks. We've had a lot of team members coming in late and management has been aware of the problem. It has been addressed with team members signing an agreement of being on time, but the tardiness still persists. There are some team members I notice that avoid work like a plague. One person in particular will come in late, take a few smoke breaks, take long lunches, do some paper work that has no greater purpose, hide in his office, avoid the front counter if he can, and will drive to pick things up. This guy is one of my assistant managers. Crazy eh? I've brought this to the attention of my manager, and he knows it's been going on. There is another guy who does production that I feel doesn't respect me as a Project Manager. When I ask him to get something done, he tells me to do it or makes a silly face. Man, the crap I deal with and the little respect and pay I get. I work like a freakin' dog there.

But you know on a positive note, my work has taught me a lot of things about people, management, business, technology, and the many types of paper. I've also had some good spiritual conversations. For these things, I am grateful. What keeps me going is that it's only a few more months until I head back to school in the fall. And also I am better off than most people in the world who work long hours for pay that is barely enough for their basic needs. For this, I am blessed to be where I am.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

back to school? Are you doing post grad? good for you buddy.
J.K.

5:57 AM, May 02, 2005  
Blogger PakG1 said...

Ack, I had a manager like that before. Can suck. :( Empathy for ya.

12:45 AM, May 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home