Monday, February 20, 2006

Randomness and Updates

I haven't blogged in a while eh? I've been mostly busy with school, watching the olympics, tending to my cold, and watching movies. I went to church this morning which was good. I haven't gone in almost a month and it's been like that for a while. I'll go once a month. I know it's good for any Christian to go to church regularly, but BCIT gives me a train load of homework and I'm not that organized to put church into my schedule. I can't rely on it as a way for me to correct the spiritual side of my life, so I've depended more on quiet times with the Lord. I think that's a huge aspect of my life that I need to work on. I think most Christians neglect that special time with the Lord.

This weekend, I watched Terminator 1 and 2 on our recently acquired 50" DLP widescreen TV. My dad says we live in a rich house because the TV looks so out of place in our home. He's hilarious. My family also bought an upconverting DVD player that can play DVD's at 720p. It's freakin' amazing how crisp, clear, and vibrant the images are. To give you some sort of reference, it's about 3 times better than the quality of a regular DVD image.

My bro got into a car accident (no fault of his own) last week and was thankfully okay. His old Civic was a write off and with his insurance cheque he bought a souped up 1990 Honda Civic Si. It's pretty sweet. It's black, lowered, has an Acura Integra engine with a racing clutch, a Momo steering wheel, bucket seats, a power sunroof, a 2-inch chrome-tipped exhaust pipe (produces a nice hum), and some other rare Japanese import parts to modify the engine. My bro took my dad and me for a ride and it's got quite a punch, a little rice rocket!

BCIT has been kind of a drag. I'm not too interested in the material and haven't heard back yet about the Coast Guard. They extended the deadline to March 6 so I'll hopefully hear back from them then. I have a feeling this will be a good year for me in terms of direction. I wrote 3 government exams at UBC last weekend and hope it'll give me some career opportunity with the government if the Coast Guard doesn't pan out. I'm hoping that the Coast Guard will pan because it's really what I want to do with my life. But I'm pretty easy about everything and know God will take care of all the details. I think that's why I'm more laid back than I used to be. I know that I'm being taken care of and that makes life easier to live.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Good to have an update from you arnold. And I am glad that you are persevering thru BCIT. Did you hear back from the coast guard yet?

4:51 PM, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home