Thursday, September 18, 2008

Grocery Item = Jacket

Last night, I went to the grocery store and bought a jacket. How many people can say that? Well I guess since Wal-Mart has started offering a grocery section, more people can say something along the lines, but I actually bought it at the Real Canadian Superstore. Have you heard of this clothing line called Joe Fresh Style? I was reading an article in the newspaper and apparently Loblaws who owns the Real Canadian Superstore called in a Canadian fashion veteran by the name of Joseph Mimran to create a clothing line. He headed up brands like Club Monaco and Alfred Sung.

I looked at the Joe Fresh flyer and thought to myself this actually looks pretty good at a great deal. It's kind of got European styling that appeals to me. My friend told me to check out H&M for cool yet affordable clothing.

One thing about Superstore at Metrotown is that I hate shopping there. Everytime I go there it's like a freakin' carnival. It's always packed and the line ups are long. When I picked up the jacket and went to pay for it, I headed towards the "Express" line. Well the Express took me 20 minutes to pay for it. The thing about that Superstore is that it mostly attracts a demographic to the low income earner. I stood in line with one family disputing a discount where they had to call the manager and then there are people who are asking for some discount they saw in a flyer. It's hella annoying which is why I shop at Save-On-Foods for groceries. Most of the time people just pay for the item probably knowing that it's a bit more expensive than other grocers, but they don't care just like me. Just pay as listed and get out.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger t said...

tsk tsk, the superstore at metrotown is the worst superstore in town and it doesn't even have the full clothing line in there. check out the coquitlam store some time, it has a huge boutique in there and the clientele is a little higher bracket. metrotown as a whole is a giant headache to be avoided at all costs, says me.

11:41 PM, September 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home