Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I'm On A Bus

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 1 - Only in Surrey. I was waiting for my bus and a lady asks me to buy her a bottle of water. I had no change. I told her my bus is coming any minute and I'm on crutches. The bus doesn't show up and I wait almost an hour. I get on the bus, then get to the transfer station where I take another bus, and the driver ends up missing a turn and has to back track to his proper route. Total trip = 2 hours to Delta. And it's hot!

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 2 - I saw a lady drop her bag of plums on the bus this morning and watched the little fruit roll up and down the aisle as the bus drove up and down hills. The driver had a perplexed look. The whole scenario was hilarious!

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 3 - I sat with a Mexican family on the bus this morning. It reminded him of taking the bus in LA. The man was trying to learn English and French at the same time and the woman was helping him out in Spanish. Culture is great!

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 4 - I listened to a conversation at the bus stop. A guy asks a lady to buy a smoke for a dollar. They are menthol. He says he'll smoke anything. He then tells her he smokes a lot and ran out of smokes after work. A girl asks the lady for a smoke, but she says she's going to run out of smokes. She comes back telling the girl she found an extra pack in her purse and that she can have a smoke. They all light up.

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 5 - An older man walks onto the bus and sees my crutch thinking it's a post, so he grabbed it to brace himself and to his surprise it wasn't sturdy as I had to hold tight. He apologized, and I said that's alright. Before he got off, he paused, looked at me smiling and said, "Have a good day!" I said, "Thanks!" And just past him I noticed a beer can. Someone's been drinking early this morning.

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 6 - I'm sitting at the bus stop and a lady walks up to me and asks if the bus had gone. I said, "No, it should be here in a few minutes." But it actually should have shown up a minute ago which the bus then comes. The lady gets on the bus and says to the driver, "You are a minute late!" The driver was like excuse me, and said, "It's not a guaranteed time!" I think the heat is making people snappy.

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 7 - I'm waiting for my bus and another bus pulls up where a beautiful girl steps off and proceeds towards the bench I'm sitting on. She briefly looks at me with a smile and sits right next to me. The bench is about 15 feet long with only the two of us on it. Does this mean anything? I noticed her toenails were painted green and she smelled good.

I'm On A Bus - Ep. 8 - A guy hops on my bus and looks at his ticket trying to figure out which way it goes into the machine. The driver says it's the direction where the arrow points. As we cruise along, the guy walks up and says he wants to get to a certain street. The driver says he is on the wrong bus. The guy pulls the stop and runs to the exit where he doesn't know how to get out. A man yells, "Push the handle!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home