Friday, October 08, 2004

Doughnuts For Breakfast?

This morning for breakfast, I had scrambled eggs, bacon, and a Krispy Kreme doughnut. Do people eat doughnuts for breakfast? I wasn't so sure and I thought to myself, "Man am I consuming a lot of fat here" (not that I need to worry). Then, it made me think of all the different meal combinations my mom has put together. Many people have asked me what I eat at home. I usually respond with, "Food!" Ha. Funny yes. But because I'm Asian living in a Canadian society, I have to answer the question.

My mom generally makes all types of foods. We'll have spaghetti one night and have Korean BBQ beef another. Generally, it's rice, some kind of meat, vegetables, and a bowl of soup. Sometimes, my dish will get too Korean for my liking and I either have to get my dad to eat it or discard it secretly without my mom seeing me. Everytime, I do that I feel like a little kid rolling up his vegetables in a napkin or feeding it to the dog under the table. One thing about Korean food I do not like is Kimchi. I get a lot of flak for that.

Sometimes when my mom is away and my dad has to cook, I'll just order take out. My dad's cooking skills is about on par with me. Man, I really don't like what I cook. I learned a valuable lesson when I was living in Toronto. The lesson is "Marry a great cook who's hot too!"

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Ahh young grasshopper, one day you will learn the way of the kitchen, for, food too, can be the key to the heart of a woman.

9:45 PM, October 09, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home