Thursday, September 29, 2005

Death Sticks

I had a weird dream last night. I dreamnt I was smoking a cigarette outside on a street somewhere. I was trying to look cool and find different ways of flicking off the ashes. I think my dream had a lot to do with my life at BCIT. It seems almost 1 out 3 people on campus smoke. It was quite a change from SFU where the demographic of smokers is less. I wonder if it correlates with education or family situations. There is definitely more swearing with the group of people I'm with. Probably, because I'm not involved with a Christian club anymore. I'm seeing a different side to life than what I've been used to at SFU in my Christian bubble. I actually feel in a sense, a realness being away from that bubble and a connection to the world through the people I hang out with at BCIT and even at work. It's bridging the two worlds that is the difficult part, how to be a strong Christian in a world that entices you to become a part of that system. I doesn't help when there's a lot of hot girls at school who are likely agnostic. We all make choices. I only hope that I continue to learn from Christ to become a better man and share what I know to others.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home