Sunday, February 11, 2007

300



I'm pretty pumped to see this movie when it comes out on March 9th. Just from the trailer, the imagery, direction, and use of colour blows my mind. The movie is based on one of Frank Miller's graphic novel called "300." The novel retells the 480 BC Battle of Thermopylae when King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans fought against King Xerxes and his massive Persian army. The battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to stand against the Persians and help usher in the world's first democracy.

I saw Frank Miller's other movie adaptation of his graphic novel, "Sin City." It was probably the most graphic movie I've seen (one I wouldn't recommend), but I appreciated the technical aspect of the film. It really felt like a comic book coming to life.

This movie, "300," piques my interest because of its historical retelling of a period that was so long ago. It also incorporates fantasy and has a biblical tone to what may have transpired. I couldn't imagine a movie being made from the Old Testament due to how brutal it was back then. But 300 does come close to something I would enjoy and appreciate. I'll see for myself. Also it's definitely a "made for man" movie. It's striking how different men and women are where men generally tend to enjoy a lot of action. I sure love a solid action flick.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger PakG1 said...

That movie is a must-see! :)

10:46 AM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home