Sunday, October 26, 2008

Selling to Strangers

I recently sold three of my PS3 games as a bundle on Craigslist. I paid a lot for them, but I never play them anymore. Such is the nature of video games. I decided to sell them all for $60 and after posting an ad last night, I got four replies this morning. I didn't know what to expect, but it was interesting reading each e-mail. Deciding on who to sell the games to was kind of like an interview. For me it wasn't first-come first-served, but what he or she wanted to offer me, if there was a convenient location to meet at, and if it sounded like a person I could trust.

I think you can really get a feel for what the person might be like based on his or her writing skills and how much information they give in a response.

Here are the four replies I got to my ad.

Buyer #1: "Ill give you 60 dollars for those games and drive down to pick it up myself. All I want to see is that the games are in fine working condition."

Buyer #2: "Hi. Are the games still for sale? Let me know."

Buyer #3: "Hello. I am writing with interest in your games bundle. I am in Vancouver East End (Commercial Drive area), and am wondering if theres a possibility of meeting up in my neck of the woods. I would be available today to make this deal happen. Thanks for reading."

Buyer #4: "Hey. Would you part CoD4? How much would it be, and do you have a number i could call. Thanks."

Guess who I sold the games to?

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger ME said...

I am guessing you sold it to customer #1...Although you may have sold it to #4 cause you could talk on the phone? I love selling things on Craigslist! Although we are having trouble selling our car...

2:34 PM, October 29, 2008  
Blogger Arnold said...

I didn't sell to Buyer #1 because I didn't want him to come over to my place just to see if the games work. They are discs, not a machine. And also it's possible he could come back and rob my place. Never know. I didn't sell to Buyer #4 because I didn't want to sell just 2 games, I wanted to sell all 3. I sold the games to Buyer #3 because his e-mail was pleasant and when I met him at the Broadway/Commercial SkyTrain station he and his girlfriend were grateful for the transaction.

12:02 PM, November 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home