Sunday, October 09, 2005

Old School Crew

Tonight, I got back from an old school gathering with friends I haven't seen from months to 2-3 years. It was a pretty surreal experience, like I was back in time or something. We haven't been together as one whole crew since my last year in university in 2003. It's amazing to see how many of us have changed in the last few years. Some have gotten married, a couple are almost done at SFU, and a few have obtained good jobs. We reminisced about the past, brought up some good stories, and laughed hard. We chatted for hours, eating chips, rice krispy squares, and drinking lots of tang.

I'm pretty blessed and amazed with the friendships I have acquired over the years especially from being involved with Campus Crusade. I couldn't find a group that had quite the warmth and closeness of it. Although, after much searching I think I've found a new home at New Joy. They are a great bunch. Having a close group of friends is pretty important in life. You learn a lot about yourself, how to adapt, be vulnerable, reveal yourself, and laugh a lot; be open minded, think, analyze, and form ideas and opinions to improve one another.

I remember when I first met my friend, Mindy, at a Christian conference in 1998, we met at La Senza. We were going to pick up some pj's downtown with our mutual friend Joyce, and I didn't realize we were heading to La Senza. The doorman let us into the store and I tried to keep a straight face. Mindy smiled at me, stood beside me, and folded her arms like mine. She said you must feel a little odd eh? I was like yeah, it's a little weird to meet you at a store like this. We just laughed. I've been through a lot with this girl and she became quite a sister to me. Today, she's married to a great man, Tom, whom I've come to know and grow closer with as well. They both live in Saskabush now (Had to say it Mindy, it's just asking for it).

Last summer, some of us went camping at Manning Park. It's been kind of an annual thing. Here's a fun picture below of us on top of some mountain near Manning.


(Left to Right) Jon, Stefanie, Mindy, Sarah, Tom

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Wow, that dude on the left is hot stuff.

9:02 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Aaron said...

Just in case you wanted to know...I think that mountain you're on is at the Cascade Lookout, near the summit of Blackwall Peak (or possibly Big Buck Mountain depending on high up you are).

Old School night was an enjoyable time I agree.

8:58 PM, October 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home