Thursday, April 20, 2006

North Korea

I was traveling to different places in Google Earth and decided to check out the captial city of North Korea called Pyongyang. North Korea is the most communist state in the world who's government is often described as Stalinist, totalitarian, and isolationist. For those who keep asking me which side my background's from, it's the South where democracy and capitalism rules.

I had been to North Korea before in the digital world, but it was really blurry probably because no spy or camera plane could enter the area. But today with the help of satellite technology, I got to see the communist city for the first time in my life and I was very surprised. What struck me the most was the amazing architecture. It reminds me of something out of a sci-fi film.

North Koreans must really love shapes. I took some snapshots of some of the buildings in Pyongyang below. Click on the image to see it enlarged.









2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went there too! I kept thinking that I was going to get hit by a lazer or something. Or like I'd come home and find my apartment trashed! Ah paranoia, I missed you old friend. :)
John

5:40 PM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never thought of using Google earth to do that before... the pictures are so amazing~! I wonder what city looks the best in aerial view =) I'm going to go check it out right now.. I'll keep ya posted

9:44 AM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home