Saturday, April 22, 2006

Seattle Show

I had quite a full day today. I went to see my favourite Christian hip hop group, LA Symphony, perform at the Rainbow in Seattle this evening. But before that I stopped by the Seattle Premium Outlets in Tualip. I heard it was a great place to shop for clothes because of the deals. I've never been there before, and it was pretty awesome to see the Gap, Calvin Klein, Banana Republic, Tommy Hilfiger, Adidas, Levi's, Ralph Lauren, Nautica, and the list goes on all in one place. I picked up a few shirts there.

After that I went to the Rainbow and killed 3 hours before the show visiting the University of Washington bookstore and eating at Tokyo Cafe. The cafe was pretty interesting. For about $6 I got this huge teriyaki chicken and beef combo that was difficult to finish. They had take out containers set out because it seems a lot of people can't finish the food. I did my best to eat as much as I could since I didn't want to carry the leftovers around.

I had a half hour left before the show and ended up at FedEx Kinko's which is right next door to the Rainbow. I surfed the Internet for a bit and found it interesting to see how different and similar the store was from the one I worked at on Broadway. Getting onto the computer was easy by slipping in my credit card into the reader. When I was working at Broadway, it was such a drag to login customers into a computer and wait for a printout after he or she was done to pay for the time.

After that I headed to the Rainbow to enjoy an evening of hip hop. The venue itself was quite small and only about 50 people showed up. The crowd was pretty dead, but the artists tried to make the most out of it. The little venue worked out great for me because I had a chance to meet some of the artists. I met and talked to Alan of Deux Process in the washroom. He's a really cool and friendly guy. I then met Sharlok Poems of LA Symphony who I admire and had a little chat with him. There was one artist, Z-man, I never heard of until tonight and he put on a really good set. I enjoyed it so much that I met him, bought his CD and got it signed, and had a good chat with him too.

Z-Man


I left around 12:30 am and just got home about an hour ago all buzzed on Red Bull which is why I can write all of this in the middle of the night.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bro, sorry I wasnt able to make the concert...I hope you busted out your break dance moves like you did at the Zion-I show! Man, we will be seeing a lot of concerts still this summer..INCLUDING A TRIBE CALLED QUEST!!!

Peace

11:13 PM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home