Friday, May 05, 2006

Lynn Peak

My former assistant manager and good friend, Salman, and I decided to hike Lynn Peak before he heads back to Pakistan. This hike would be our second time together. It was quite different from our first where we encountered foggy and rainy conditions. During that hike, we could barely see the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge from the lookout, but on today's hike we were able to see everything. It was a perfect day with lots of sun and mild temperatures.

Lynn Peak is one of my favourite trails because it is challlenging, has some great scenery, and isn't busy with hikers. Salman and I encountered some snow and had to use our cat-like reflexes to avoid slipping. However, my right leg actually fell right through the snow causing some ice scrapes. Good times. I took some photos during our hike. Enjoy.










4 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

Hey Arnie,
Very nice photos. I especially like the first and last ones. Is this the place where I had a horrible time because someone had no mercy on a non-hiker and took a Nazi-like approach to climbing? haha .. (not you, but you know who)
Ah... memories!

12:35 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Arnold said...

Haha...no. It was on Mount Seymour. I don't think I'll be doing that one in the near future cause there really was no view.

Peace.

3:59 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Mindy said...

Nice pics atrain. I love BC forests, there's nothing like them!

10:07 PM, May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... what an amazing view~!
I have only been hiking (I use the term loosely) once and I ended up pretty much falling into a creek and ending up smelling faintly like Sulfur (needless to say that I was everyone's favorite person to sit next to that entire day). I am very jealous =)

4:52 PM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home