Monday, April 09, 2007

Random Updates

I guess it's time for an update eh? Well lately, I've been contemplating about going to Korea in October for 3 weeks. I figure it's about time to meet some family I haven't seen in 22 years. It'll be nice to be able to appreciate my background and see where my parents came from. I just mailed my passport application and I didn't realize how much work it involved. I wish it wouldn't expire in 5 years since it costs $87 everytime to apply plus the hassle. It's pretty lame.

Next week, I'll be attending an information session on the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration program. It's basically the first year of an MBA. It's a great option for those who don't have a business background and also doesn't make you commit to do an MBA. I figure it's a good idea to invest in developing new skills and as an employee, tuition is free.

I was asked to join the men's softball team at church, but I declined. The fellowship was good, but the sport is way too boring for me. I'm also more into leisure activities like snowboarding, hiking, and golfing. But I did join the Praise and Worship team as a background vocalist and started practice last Sunday. The group likes my voice so that is a good sign.

Last Friday, I went snowboarding at Grouse. It was hot and sunny so I went in my t-shirt. I saw a number of hikers doing the Grind which was a funny sight to see as I laced up my snowboarding boots. One would wonder how snow can still be around, but there is and still lots of it at the top.

I may not update in a while since my team, the Vancouver Canucks, are starting their playoff round with the Dallas Stars on Wednesday. I can't wait and this post season is gonna rock just looking at all the teams involved. The New York Islanders win in a shootout over the New Jersey Devils to capture the last playoff berth in the Eastern Conference was intense. That win put the Leafs out of the playoffs, and so it will be a dark Spring for many a fans in T dot.

Peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Justin Alm said...

I've been waiting for an update. Good to hear things are going well. Korea in October, that's when I showed up over there. It's a nice time to be there. Good fall colours and comfortable weather.

12:42 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Nigel said...

'nucks in the post-season, yeahh!!! i was stoked that the leafs didn't make it... i walked around the office and took people's leafs flags down. now only my canucks flag is up :)

9:00 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger S. said...

boy's got pipes!

4:16 PM, April 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

j.kim here. Arno, you do have a great voice bro. T.dot is cool, I wanna point and laugh at them b/c the Leafs didn't make it. But then I'd be killed. Yay Canucks. I'm still a fan but a silent one...:) Free tuition eh? wow, lucky!

11:19 PM, April 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Followed you here from goosekim's blog. (That might be J.Kim most likely).

I'm known as MallardRider on Xanga.com but you just can call me a great fan of the Ducks.

It will be an entertaining series -but Vancouver is going to have their work cut out for them.

12:55 PM, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home