Saturday, November 27, 2004

Korean Girl

The thought of a relationship with the perfect girl sifts into my mind from time to time, but of course that's not reality. There is an ideal girl I dream about who's white, blonde/brunette, and blue eyed. I used to think this way for a very long time, but I believe times have changed. I told my friends and family I would never date an Asian girl. I actually don't know the real reason why. As a young lad, I grew up in a Korean church thinking these girls are so annoying. They were judgemental, stuck up, selfish, and made fun of others all the time. Maybe it was one memory that stuck with me or perhaps a stereotype I've kept with me for a very long time. Although, I do run into those stereotypes, I've met some cool Asian girls along the way.

I grew up with western thought and its way of life. I could only get that understanding from my non-Asian friends throughout my elementary and secondary school years. However, I did meet some of my closest friends in university who are Asian and do understand that way of life. That's been a total blessing.

After dating a couple of white girls, I've learned a lot about how culturally different we can be. I never thought it would be different, but it was. It was just there waiting to be exposed. I can see how dating a Korean girl would be beneficial in terms of understanding one another, but it would have to be a second-gen though. The very thought of a first-gen Korean girl laughing at everything I say is disturbing and would definitely not help the situation out. I'm making a stereotype here, but some are true.

I haven't ruled out dating non-Asians, but dating a second-gen Korean girl who enjoys the outdoors, is a follower of Christ, and a definite hottie would be great. I can see how a bond could form on a level that a non-Asian would not understand. My parents would definitely like it. It does sound nice, but a girl like that is a rare find.

Peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother used to say,"John if you wore a wig and a dress you'd make a very pretty Korean girl." Ok she didn't say that but if she did, it'd be funny. I'd be scarred for life, but at least I'd be laughing!

11:49 PM, November 27, 2004  
Blogger PakG1 said...

I was in a Korean restaurant today. Would someone be able to explain to me why all these Korean girls all look the same? Same face, same hairstyle, same build, same everything. It's like they're clones of each other; very scary.

And a good one is hard to find... :)

10:28 PM, November 30, 2004  
Blogger Mindy said...

A-train...finally comes around. That's hilarious! But I totally agree with you, it could be a good thing as long as they are CBC's or whatever...or else that could be a disaster and I am not being friends with your future girlfriend unless she can keep up with how fast I understand, and not just smile at me and giggle.

7:32 PM, December 02, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arnold, I am Korean American going through Army flight school. I did the Korea tour, fell in love with a Korean girl, came back, and lost her. Yes, there are some Korean girls that laugh at everything you say, but you know its special when she understands you better than anyone and laughs at all your jokes, even if they sucked. In my own experience, Korean girls are emotionally difficult to deal with. But would I go to that one particular girl? Absolutely.

6:46 AM, April 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home