Friday, May 19, 2006

Korean Films

My final exams are next week and I'm chillin' on a Friday. I'm wasting time as usual. I picked up one of my favourite movies, "The Breakfast Club," on DVD. I love that movie, it's so funny.

Lately, I've been watching a lot of Korean films. It started to become an obsession after I ordered "My Sassy Girl" from Ebay. After that, I was reading lots of reviews for potential movies to see and then I bought some more DVDs from Ebay. My parents noticed I've been watching Korean movies and they like it (they think I'm learning the language). I just read the English subtitles. I've been watching Korean movies mostly because they're original and cultural. I'm pretty tired of all the remakes Hollywood is producing. I guess movie producers are lazy and starving for new content. They've bought a number of scripts from Korean filmmakers.

One of my favourite Korean films, "Il Mare," is being remade for North American audiences called "The Lake House" by Warner Bros. It will star Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock which opens on June 16, 2006. I'll likely see it on DVD when it comes out. I can't see it topping the original.

Il Mare (2000)

The Lake House (2006)

5 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock AGAIN??!! Can't they pair him up with someone else. Talk about overdone. I enjoyed My Sassy Girl. I'll have to borrow Il Mare from you sometime.

11:50 AM, May 20, 2006  
Blogger Arnold said...

Actually they've only been in one other movie together, "Speed." They had great chemistry then and hopefully it works out in the new movie.

12:08 PM, May 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so true. Stef, you gotta stop being a hater. Yo, so I'm in a second gen church as well here. Right next to my place! What are the odds? thanks for hanging out bro.
John

9:11 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger S. said...

It's true, I am a hater. No one's good enough for Keanu. *sigh* :)

11:52 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger PakG1 said...

The guy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag! :p

11:02 PM, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home