Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ice Cream

I heard the ice cream truck this afternoon playing "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" song. It's pretty amazing that those guys are still around waiting for children to come running out with their change. Even with the heavy gas prices they're still around. I was tempted to buy some ice cream, but then I remembered it's got to be at least $4.00 now for one popsicle. What a rip off.


In the 80s, I used to get ice cream all the time from the friendly pudgy white man driving his Mr. Cool ice cream truck when I lived at my old house. I would hear the song, and ask my mom to hurry up and give me some change. I would also see some of my neighbourhood friends running out the door screaming wait!!

I generally got the original astro popsicle (the red, white, and blue). There was something about the classic ice cream on a stick that kept me coming back for more. I also got the Mickey Mouse head ice cream that was purple for some reason with a bubble gum nose. It cost me only $0.75 from what I remember. After a few years, the price for ice cream jumped to $1.00, $1.25, and $1.75. After it became $2.00 I stopped buying ice cream from a truck. So sad.

After all these years, I wonder if people who come running out to the ice cream truck pay with debit.

Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the rocket popsicle!! In the future we won't have the ice cream truck, we'll have ice cream spam and will be able to download it from the internet!
John

4:00 AM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger S. said...

Yeah, I don't know if they get much business in this here 21st century. I never even thought about the price of icecream going up -- what an abomination! I can just hear kids asking, "Hey Mister, do you take Visa?"

I went with chocolate 98% of the time. The other 2% was for orange.

12:09 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Mindy said...

Rocket Pops are the best!! Me and Tom's sister still buy them from superstore in a box of 6. WAyyyy cheaper that way.

8:50 PM, June 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home