Saturday, August 12, 2006

In Memory of Mattea Lee

Last night, I attended a memorial service for my close friends, Brian and Vanessa's baby, Mattea. It was held at Burnaby Mountain as the sun was setting. Norm Funk, the pastor of the couple, said words that evoked sadness yet sweetness. There was a time of song and dance, grieving, laughter, and sharing. Towards the end of the service, Brian and Vanessa, shared words to baby Mattea. It was so beautiful and we really felt the presence of God there.

My friends are such strong, loving, caring, and giving individuals. They know one day they will be reunited with Mattea in Heaven. How awesome it is to know God and the plan He has for each of our lives. The hope and love we have in Jesus Christ can never be taken away.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." - Jeremiah 31:3

July 2006
Rest in Peace

Mattea Lee



Artist: MercyMe
Album: Almost There
Song: I Can Only Imagine

Lyrics:

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By Your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When Your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

{Chorus}:
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still
Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

2 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I feel sad about your loss. It's never easy to take the passing away of a loved one. My brother died a few years ago, and he was only 6 years older than I.

The important thing is that we never forget those who pass to the next life, and be happy that those who die now have the answer to what lies after death...

"We have lost nobody, but only gained an angel." - Janet Jackson reading fanmail about Aaliyah

7:09 PM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Mindy said...

What a great blog. I am so glad to hear the service was such a blessing. My prayers go out to Brian & Vanessa.

1:46 PM, August 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home